I have another baking post today, and it is shortbread…I absolutely love shortbread, especially at this time of the year, so it only seemed right to make my own. I have not made shortbread in years, and it was so nice to try the out again.
You will need:
125g unsalted butter (room temperature)
55g caster sugar
180g plain flour
Granulated sugar for dusting afterwards
- Preheat your oven to 170 degrees
- Beat the butter and sugar together until smooth
- Add the flour and mix together
- Roll the biscuit mixture until it is around 1cm thick and cut into rectangles (or any shape you want)
- Place the biscuits onto a tray with baking paper (or put some butter on the tray, so they will not stick) and place in the oven
- Allow them to cook for 15-20 minutes, or until they are golden brown
- Some of the biscuit may feel soft when taken out of the oven, do not worry, after they have cooled down, they will harden
- Sprinkle with sugar to finish off
- And there you have it, great tasting shortbread!
Hope you are all having a great week and have a fabulous weekend!